- GPS tracking only works if employees are clocking in via the freshOps Employee mobile app.
- Displayed points are accurate within a 1000 meter radius.
- It can take up to 2 minutes to receive and display a GPS point. Which is a Device Level restriction.
- Various environmental factors can prevent the satellite from acquiring a GPS point. It may take time acquire the GPS point for two minutes (Android) or 15 seconds (iPhone)
- If you find you are having no luck inside a building, move outside to a point where you have visible site of the sky. Concrete and Building materials in a structure, can interfer with GPS Signals, WIFI and Mobile Networks, all of which are used for accurate location services.
- After recorded, GPS points cannot be changed by Team Members, their managers, or account administrators. However, keep in mind that points are recorded based on a mobile device's locations, which technically could be different than the locations of the team member themself.
- Admins and Managers will only be able to view GPS points when the device syncs with their freshOps account and as long as the Team Member has allowed the freshOps Employee Mobile Apps to access their GPS hardware. This is generally requested upon installation. In order to sync, the device must be connected to a data network. See Managing Permissions to check your device settings.
- If you are still having issues, our Mobile App Troubleshooting Guide may help eliminate local issues on your device.
When and Where GPS Points Are Acquired
- freshOps only tracks locations when an employee is Checking In or Checking Out. GPS Location is not tracked while the Visit in In-Progress, Checked-Out, or Signed Out. If you have any further questions about GPS tracking, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org